We look back at another great year! New ideas, collaborations and equipment, and quite a few papers on their way, make that we expect even a better year for 2020.
A few highlights of 2019:
- Balazs and Titus joined our lab.
- We published various papers, including one that will serve as key paper for many years;
Emile's paper in Science Translational Medicine, for which we collaborated with our friends from Delft Technical University, Rene Poelma and Kouchi Zhang.
- We presented 11 abstracts at different international conferences.
- We finished 2 book chapters, both focusing on cardiac optogenetics.
- Niels received the MD/PhD grant from the LUMC to continue and finish his PhD training.
- In terms of conditional immortalization of cardiomyocytes we made much progress, which results are expected to be released in 2020. Regarding optogenetics new exciting venues were explored, which will be crystalized this year.
- Emile won multiple awards, including the Young Investigator Award (YIA) Basic Science during the annual meeting of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC, Paris) and Heart Rhythm Society (HRS, San Francisco).